So you want to start your own blog? I assume that right now, you’re overwhelming the google search bar with questions like, “how to write the best blog post”, “how to write a blog for beginners”, “how to write a good blog post” and etc. I just read your mind, didn’t I? Well, guess what? Your search ends here! You’ve come to the right place!
In this article, I’ll let you know some practical tips you can apply to write the best blog posts which will make your efforts in content marketing success and also increase traffic to your website.
Write an Attractive Title & Intro:
Write the most relevant information, in the beginning, to grab the reader’s attention and rank higher in search results.
There’s no use in writing the world’s best blog post if the title fails to grasp the attention of the reader because it won’t be read at all. Headlines in the post and title play a crucial part because only 2 out of 10 readers read content in your post, the rest just read the title and the headlines.
You might find yourself skimming through the headlines, more often than you admit. This is because headings provide a quick overview of the content and they result in the end-user engaging more with the rest of the content. A minimum of 3-5 new headlines for your blog post should be written as there is always a better headline for your blog post writing to be found.
Bonus tip #1- How to write a blog post?
Ever seen a pyramid? Why do I ask? Because a pyramid is what represents a well-structured blog post. The most important information represents the peak of the topic being discussed, and further background material and data research form the content of the topic.
Since the most visually appealing content is the structured one, you should take extra care to break up your blog post. You can use quotes, bullet points, bold and italic important keywords, numbers, and research charts and graphs.
Use Photos, Videos, and Numbers
Compared to the text-only posts, readers engage more with the visual elements as the web is evolving into a visual media. It no longer consists of a webpage after webpage full of text. On the web, you’ll find photos, videos, diagrams, and Infographics. Use this in your blog post to complement it. Anytime you use data, research, and facts, include a link to the original source where you first found the information.
Your Blog Post should be telling a story
To make it easier to establish a connection with your reader, you should have a great story. Explain what you are writing about, why it is important, and how the content helps the reader to frame the blog post.
Bonus tip #2- How to write a blog entry?
Things that you might want to ask yourself before writing your blog post-
- Who do you want to influence?
- What do you want to convey?
- What do you want the readers to know about?
- Which themes do you want to explore?
- What are the most important keywords related to your blog post?
- What has been written about the topic before?
Optimize your Blog Posts for SEO
To rank higher in a search engine’s results, you have to make sure that your content is well optimized for SEO. Here’s a step by step plan on how to do it
- Make a list of relevant keywords for your blog post. A number of tools exist for this job, but most of them charge a subscription fee. A free tool you can use is Google keyword planner, but it is not exactly available for organic keywords. Still, it gives you a rough idea to get a headstart. If you want to pay instead, use SEMRush, which works better in my opinion. If you don’t know what an organic keyword is, just click here
- Analyze the competition for the keyword. Remember, the more the competition for the keyword, the harder it is to rank higher for that keyword.
- Use the keywords in the blog post.
For example, some of the keywords that you might use if you are writing an article about writing a blog post, are given below
- how do I write a blog
- how to write a blog format
- how to write blogs for beginners
- first blog post ideas
- how to write the best blog post
- blog post examples for students
- how do you write a blog
- how to structure a blog post
- how to write your first blog post
- how to write a blog post pdf
If this article ranks high on the search engine you just found this post on, chances are that happened due to the usage of keywords above. BEWARE though- only use keywords in the content that are relevant to your topic. You don’t want to annoy your readers.
Bonus tip #3
- Keywords should be used in the Title tag, Meta description, and URL.
- Use H1, H2, and H3 tags and format your blog posts.
- Use your keyword in Image alt text and file name.
Bonus tip #4- Create Pages that Provide Backlinks to your main blog:
Backlinks are those links that are featured on some other website or page and links to your article or website. More backlinks on a particular topic let Google know that it is a high-quality article, as many other articles link to it. So you can create individual pages that lead to your target article.
Bonus tip #5- Provide links to other blogs as well:
Over time, links have become one of the most important ranking factors for Google. You should aim to include not only the links to your blog post but also the links out of your blog post. As I said before, anytime you use data, research, and facts, include a link to the original source where you first found the information.
This is also one of the ways Google ranks your website as this tells Google that you are providing a better user experience by providing links to web pages that contain authentic information.
We hope you find this article very helpful, if yes? let us know in the comments section below. And if you want to give any suggestions to the Tech Geek, then comment down below.